Saturday, April 29, 2006

Episode 5

With some small sound issues going on, this is episode 5. We cannot understand why the quality drastically changed from last week to this week... we had a pre-show meeting this time and next week's pre-show meeting will include a sound check among other things. We're almost perfect, I promise... we just have a little bit more experimentation to go through. Below are the show notes for this week:

  • Daeva, Gangrel, Mekhet, Nosferatu and Ventrue (Oh My!) overview and discussion
  • No Creating a Chronicle segment this week, sorry. Busy week.
  • Tricia's Barkery.com
  • Lime Flavored.com
  • World of Darkness.com
  • Running time is 1:06:21 (Like this, let us know at podcastofdarkness@gmail.com)
  • Contest EXTENDED! New prize package: (Candy Bar, 1/2 pound of dog treats and a t-shirt from the Podcast of Darkness store... which is coming soon)

Listen

4 Comments:

Blogger andrew W. said...

the name should be larsen. its germanic/dannish, simple, and charming. im fine with no prize, sence i forgot where you wanted me to post/send this.

12:55 AM  
Blogger andrew W. said...

also, because i was tired and forgot to type this. I honestly believe episode 5 was your worst episode so far(for all i know you could just spend an hour cursing my name and mr. muffins(not my cats name, but awesome nontheles(new word) for an hour).
sorry i just love ().
my chagrin for this episode comes from the feeling that i could have picked up the book and read the same thing.
It's my feeling that you could best help players and story tellers by more about the mechanics of storytelling, ways to imerse your gamer, proper use of npc, and some good ideas for plots.

and i enjoy hearing about your future/current chronicle the most. and lack of that made me cry...

10:49 PM  
Blogger andrew W. said...

also. these where rules handed down to me when i started my first chronicle...last saturday. they helped me out and i think led to an overall good experioance for my players.id like to think the friend who game them to me wont mind me posting them.

Rule number 1.
Only use the rules when they help to advance the story. They are there to aid you, not hinder you.

Rule number 2.
This rule is just as important if not more important: Keep the story about personal horror

Rule number 3.
Since this is your first chronicle, I highly suggest limiting what covenants your players can be a part of. A group of characters that are part of covenants with conlficting ideologies can be interesting, but in my experience it just gets in the way and detracts from the fun of the game. Running a game with a group that is part of a single covenant is much easier and a lot more fun in my opinion. It helps to keep the characters united.

Rule number 4.
This is basically a summary of all the other rules: Keep it simple

Rule number 5.
Never let the characters forget that they are cursed. Vampirism is not something that any character ever truly comes to terms with and it is a source of pain in their lives.

Rule number 6.
Once your players start getting very powerful and don't see other vampires as much of a threat, violently remind them that there are far scarier things in the world than them.

2:19 AM  
Blogger nin238 said...

I really enjoy the show...

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home